Smyth Companies History
For more than a century and a quarter, Smyth Companies has produced high-quality printed products. Established in 1877 by Henry Martin Smyth, the company is one of the oldest business entities in the state of Minnesota.
A Legacy of Innovation:
- First label printer in U.S. to adopt computer-to-plate (CTP) workflow
- One of the only label printers in the U.S. with in-house design & prepress
- First label printer in U.S. to commercialize six-color high-fidelity printing
Smyth continues to make investments in equipment and facilities that enable us to serve our valued clients far into the future.
- 8-color Mitsubishi press with interdeck curing capability to handle thin film stocks used for in-mold and beverage labels
- Servo-driven Omet UV flexo/rotary screen press to serve the growing shrink label segment and traditional roll-fed P/S label production
- First clear poly-styrene IML product to market
- Gen2 Red Rock! Further enhancement to fastest label application machine in the world