The Label Initiative for the Environment (LIFE) was established to assist member companies with finding cost-effective ways to reduce their environmental footprint. While many companies have broad-based environmental goals, LIFE ensures a company has clearly defined objectives and accurately reports progress. LIFE members must be certified and audited annually by a third party.
What are the 4 LIFE categories?
- Clean Production: air emissions, water, waste, hazardous disposal
- Energy & Greenhouse Gas: greenhouse gas, efficiency and renewable energy
- Product Design: manufacturing improvements, eco-friendly materials
- Management: annual improvements, performance monitoring, awareness
Smyth Quick Facts:
- LIFE certified since 2009
- annual third party audits
- many suppliers also certified
- eco-friendly stock experts
- packaging re-use programs
- recycling-compatible packaging
©2018 Smyth Companies, LLC St. Paul, MN - All Rights Reserved